- Contact Radle Electric at 717-761-4150 or via www.RadleElectric.com Contact Us form. Provide a thorough description for your needs so our scheduler assigns the most appropriate electrician and allots an adequate amount of time for the estimate. Other information we record is full name and address, best contact number, email, and how you heard about us.
- Agree on a date / time. You and our scheduler agree on an arrival time, and this agreement is followed-up with an email confirmation. You will not hear from us again unless we are running early or late on the date of your appointment, in which event we will call the number you provided.
- Meet our Estimator. Below are tips for getting the most out of your time spent with a Radle Electric team member during your free estimate.
a. Most estimates take 15 – 30 minutes.
b. Between the time you schedule your estimate and the time we meet, keep a running list of questions about your project to help assure we address all your questions at the time of the estimate and are able to reach an informed decision.
c. Separate your “must do” list from your “wish list” so that we can provide you with an accurate breakdown by project.
d. Below is an example when preparing to meet Radle Electric’s estimator.
• Project: Add a fan/light and recessed lighting in a room
• Price Factors:
o Control options (pull chain for fan/light – wall switch coupled with pull chain – wall unit – dimmer – remote);
o Access (attic – cut drywall); and
o Quantity (on same control or split).
o Lifestyle Considerations: Room use (bright office – soft bedroom – expanded use for recreational or large / high traffick areas)
- Receive / review the Estimate and convert to Contract. We provide your estimate via email that includes instructions for turning the Estimate into a Contract. We give you an option to complete the contract process remotely via email by accepting scanned signatures and using QuickBooks click-n-pay invoices. If not hearing back from you in approximately one week, we will call to confirm receipt and to learn if you have questions. Below are answers for the most common questions we receive about estimates.
a. Estimates are good for 15 days. If you need longer, simply call to ask us to review the estimate and we will either accept the estimate as is or provide you with an update.
b. Yes, you can choose to do partial work. An updated estimate will be provided.
c. Yes, you can choose to have multiple estimates if wanting to do some work now and other work later.
d. PA law permits us to take one-third deposit plus special order materials, and your Estimate / Contract will clearly state deposit and final payment requirements for your job.
- Schedule your Project. Whether processing remotely or via US mail, promptly upon receipt of a signed contract and applicable deposit, we call to schedule your work. Below are details affecting scheduling.
a. If your project involves special order materials, we will schedule your work upon receipt of the materials.
b. Another delay is for projects that require a work date from a utility company.
c. As with your Estimate, we email an appointment confirmation and will not bother you again unless needing to notify you that we are running early or late on the date for your work.
Coming up in our next blog: What Happens During Your Project
By: Laura Lee Lukunich, Owner and Operations Manager
Leave a Reply