Wikipedia defines a major power outage as unplanned power outage affecting at minimum:
- 1,000 people for 1,000 hours; or
- 10,000 people for 100 hours; or
- 100,000 people for 10 hours; or
- 1 million people for one hour.
That is an awful lot of missed Netflix series, dirty clothes, burned candles, fast food deliveries, and – shudder – spoiled venison harvested during a successful hunting season.
In 2019, more than 25,000 blackout events affected almost 30 million utility customers. And the risk of power outages is growing where outages have doubled every five years since 2000. Why this rapid growth? Experts point to an aging power grid, climate change, and growing electricity demand.
Now the good news…Radle Electric can help you to secure your home with a Kohler generator before you need one. Below outlines our easy process.
- Schedule a free estimate. During our time with you (about one hour), we will confirm that your home’s existing electrical infrastructure will support a Kohler generator or outline steps needed to guarantee a safe fit.
- Next we will discuss Kohler generator placement that involves measuring for appropriate wire runs from your new Kohler generator to the following depending upon project scope: panel; power source (Radle Electric has information you will need if going with a propane solution); transfer switch (if you elect to have your Kohler generator automatically kick in when needed); and your home’s router (for Kohler’s awesome OnCue monitor app).
- With the background work complete, we will sit down with you to determine your Kohler generator’s load requirements. You can get an idea about this process prior to our visit by using our website sizing app.
- With all the details documented, we will provide you with a quote and an option to finance your Kohler generator project.
- The final step is scheduling. We know you will be excited about getting this finished as soon as possible so we make scheduling easy. First, we will plan time for your Kohler generator prep work that may include beefing up your home’s electrical system and will involve preparing the wire runs and generator seat. To follow the prep work, we will also schedule a two-day installation that includes testing and demonstration.
Wish you may, wish you might…Radle Electric has teamed up with Kohler generator to bring you what we believe to be the world’s best standby generator solution. See…dreams really do come true.
Laura Lee Lukunich, Owner and Operations Manager